When all is said and done, my own preferences would be these:
- If your show contains copyrighted materials that you do not have permission to distribute openly, then you can post a secured .pdf file to your course Blackboard.
- If the material in the presentation is yours to distribute freely, then Zoho Show is a good all-around web application that offers authoring as well as uploading for conversion.
- If the authoring functionality of Zoho is less important to you than the opportunity to connect with others, or if you plan to be embedding shows in a course Blackboard, then you may be more interested in a service like SlideShare.
- If privacy is an issue because of copyrighted material, you can use Zoho's "Export to HTML" option.
- If you need to include the audio from PowerPoint narrations, or if your show includes critical slide animations, then take a look at authorSTREAM.
- If you already have a Google account or if robust collaboration is your aim, then consider using Google Docs.
If you have special needs that are not met by these options, please do not hesitate to contact an Academic Computing Manager.